Application & Selection Process
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 COHORT ARE NOW CLOSED.
Faculty in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources who have completed at least one year of their MSU appointment by the time the Fellowship begins (January 2017) are eligible to apply for the Academy for Global Engagement Fellowship Program. Application materials are available on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A completed cover sheet from the application packet, including the signatures of an academic supervisor and the Dean of the corresponding college
- A one-page statement from the nominee that describes her/his reasons for applying and provides evidence of interest in ongoing international research
- A letter expressing strong support from the Chair/School Director/Department Head or the Dean. The letter should affirm:
- The candidate’s international interest, experience, and/or research
- The candidate’s strengths as a researcher within the context of unit expectations and the likelihood of success in her/his quest for tenure and promotion
- The candidate’s proposed project will advance the mission and goals of the academic unit, be supported by the unit and benefit international partners
- The unit will support the successful candidate with sufficient accommodation to allow the candidate to engage fully and fulfill the required Global Academy Fellowship responsibilities
The application period for the 2017 Cohort has closed.